The Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Coordinating Committee is pleased to announce the selection of the first round of 10 outreach partners to help The Environmental Justice Coalition for Water, as the Bay Area Program Manager, perform a broad suite of outreach services in support of Disadvantaged and Under-Represented Communities and their participation in the Disadvantaged Community Involvement Program. After a multi-phased review process, the following outreach partners have demonstrated their ability to work actively and collaboratively, with EJCW and other partners to develop an integrated water management needs assessment for Disadvantaged Communities (DACs) and Under-Represented Communities (URCs) and corresponding outreach and involvement strategy in one or more communities in the Bay Area region:
- Greenaction for Health and Environmental Justice – Bayview Hunters Point (San Francisco)
- The Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC) – Adapting to Rising Tides (with Resilient Communities Initiative) – Bayview Hunters Point (San Francisco)
- Ronald V. Dellums Institute For Sustainable Policy Studies and Action – Sobrante Park, Columbia Gardens, and Brookfield Village (Oakland)
- Marin County Community Development Agency – Dillon Beach and Point Reyes Station
- City of Hayward – Tennyson Corridor
- Shore Up Marin – Canal neighborhood of San Rafael, and Marin City
- The Watershed Project (with the San Francisco Estuary Partnership) – North Richmond, San Pablo, and El Sobrante
- Keep Coyote Creek Beautiful – San José along Coyote Creek
- Sonoma Ecology Center and Daily Acts – The Springs, Petaluma, Penngrove, Cotati and Rohnert Park, and Rodgers Creek
- Friends of Sausal Creek – Fruitvale Community (Oakland)
Please see this map of outreach partner proposed project locations.
This first round of subcontractors is matched with a number of DACs/URCs in the Bay. We are working to expand outreach efforts to other communities in a second phase of outreach partners soon. Please contact the Bay Area Program Manager, Nahal Ghoghaie at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> to learn more about how to get involved.
Proposals sought for outreach to Disadvantaged and Under-represented Communities. Deadline is Sept. 29, 2017