Formal Call For Projects: Prop 1 Round 2 IRWM Implementation Funding from Department of Water Resources
The Bay Area IRWM Coordinating Committee is formally seeking project proposals for Prop 1 IRWM Round 2 Implementation Funding. The IRWM Implementation Grant Program provides funding for implementation projects that meet the intent of Proposition 1, Chapter 7.
- Bay Area funding for Round 2 is $22,750,000 available for Implementation Projects and $6,500,000 available for Disadvantaged Community (DAC) Implementation Projects. DAC Implementation Projects must provide at least 75% of their primary benefit to a DAC. See Appendix E of the 2022 Guidelines for information on how to determine if a community is a DAC.
- The Coordinating Committee is seeking submittals that demonstrate multiple benefits and enhance opportunities for regional cooperation within the region's four functional areas (water supply/water quality, wastewater/recycled water, flood protection/stormwater and watershed) and subregions.
- Refer to DWR's Grant Proposal Solicitation Package(PSP) for more details on grant eligibility.
- August 12, 2022: Formal call for projects; project application materials available here
- August and September: Two project solicitation workshops will be held (dates tbd)
- October 10, 2022: Project applications due; application materials can be submitted here
- November 21, 2022: Project Screening Committee will finalize rankings
- December 5, 2022: Project Screening Committee makes recommendations to Coordinating Committee for approval of project list for regional application to the DWR
- December 2022 - January 2023: Coordinating Committee and San Francisco Estuary Partnership (regional grants manager) work with project proponents to submit all required materials
- February 1, 2023: Deadline for regional application to DWR
- Spring 2023: DWR reviews regional grant application, executes agreement with San Francisco Estuary Partnership and awards grant funding
- Spring - Summer 2023: Sub-agreements are executed with Local Project Sponsors
Application materials may be found here