The Bay Area IRWM Coordinating Committee (CC) is soliciting projects for the region’s response to a forthcoming draft Proposal Solicitation Package (PSP) from the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) for Prop 1 IRWM Implementation funding. This optional first solicitation is intended to solicit general interest, provide an opportunity for feedback, and facilitate increased regional collaboration. It will be followed by a request for more detailed formal project submittals after the final PSP has been issued by DWR (anticipated December 2018).
- Bay Area funding allotment for Prop 1 Implementation: $47,450,000 (split between 2 or more rounds)
- 10% of implementation funds will go to disadvantaged communities and/or Tribes
- Smaller projects should consider consolidating with other similar projects.
- The CC reserves the right to ask projects to bundle or consider a phased approach to funding.
- The CC is seeking submittals that can demonstrate benefits and enhance opportunities for regional cooperation within the region’s four functional areas and sub-regions.
Tentative process is as follows:
- CC solicits general interest from the region through the attached form.
- DWR releases draft PSP. (45 day public comment period ensues)
- CC (or subcommittee) notifies project proponents of suggested modifications/actions (if needed).
- DWR releases final PSP.
- CC requests formal project submittals with additional detail and info.
- CC screens and scores projects.
- CC makes decision on which projects to fund. CC meets with DWR for funding workshop.
- CC submits grant application.
Next steps for interested parties:
- Download the Prop 1 Implementation Project Summary Form and submit via the “Submit Form” button. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email from Robyn Navarra. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please email the form directly to Robyn at email@example.com.
- The CC (or subcommittee) will review and respond if there are areas needing further clarification or improvement.
- Deadline to submit form: Close of business, November 16, 2018