Formal Call For Projects: Prop 1 Round 2 Bay Area IRWM Implementation Funding from Department of Water Resources
The Bay Area IRWM Coordinating Committee is formally seeking project proposals for Prop 1 IRWM Round 2 Implementation Funding. The IRWM Implementation Grant Program provides funding for implementation projects that meet the intent of Proposition 1, Chapter 7.
Application materials and submission link may be found here or by navigating to the application materials menu item under Round 2 Solicitation.
Bay Area funding for Round 2 is $25,714,479 available for Implementation Projects and $6,500,000 available for Disadvantaged Community (DAC) Implementation Projects. DAC Implementation Projects must provide at least 75% of their primary benefit to a DAC. See Appendix E of the 2022 Guidelines for information on how to determine if a community is a DAC.
The Coordinating Committee is seeking submittals that demonstrate multiple benefits and enhance opportunities for regional cooperation within the region's four functional areas (water supply/water quality, wastewater/recycled water, flood protection/stormwater and watershed) and subregions.
Refer to DWR's Grant Proposal Solicitation Package(PSP) for more details on grant eligibility.
- August 12, 2022: Formal call for projects; project application materials available here
- August and September: Three project solicitation workshops will be held, two on Monday, August 19 (10am and 6:30pm PDT) and Monday, September 19 (3pm PDT). Click here for meeting info.
- October 10, 2022: Project applications due; application materials can be submitted here
- November 21, 2022: Project Screening Committee will finalize rankings
- December 5, 2022: Project Screening Committee makes recommendations to Coordinating Committee for approval of project list for regional application to the DWR
- December 2022 - January 2023: Coordinating Committee and San Francisco Estuary Partnership (regional grants manager) work with project proponents to submit all required materials
- February 1, 2023: Deadline for regional application to DWR
- Spring 2023: DWR reviews regional grant application, executes agreement with San Francisco Estuary Partnership and awards grant funding
- Spring - Summer 2023: Sub-agreements are executed with Local Project Sponsors